I want the farm to keep running if I can't work

Your farm income is vital...so what would happen if it stopped?

If you suffer an illness or injury which stops you working on your farm, an Income Protection policy might pay you a regular benefit. If its a standard Income Protection policy you may need to show a reduction in profits which can be directly attributed to your not working. For some farmers, this is very difficult to prove.

Farmers' Income Protection Insurance is designed to meet the needs of farm owners. Generally, it looks at your turnover rather than profits so you can demonstrate how your time off has impacted your farm's finances.

As with all Income Protection Insurance solutions, there are a few other things to think about (especially ACC) so make a time to review your Income Protection with a SHARE adviser and ask them about Famers' Income Protection Insurance.


Need Insurance?

Individuals and families

SHARE advisers offer specialist advice in life and trauma insurance, income protection, health insurance, and business and ACC insurance.

Like to Invest?

What's your investment concern?

Talk to a SHARE adviser about planning for your retirement, your current investment options, or helping to get the best out of your KiwiSaver account.

Buying a House?

What type of mortgage?

What are my mortgage requirements, how do they work? And how do I safeguard my home with mortgage protection insurance?